Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
October 02, 2024, 08:42:30 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Absolutely gorked! (not grokked) « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Absolutely gorked! (not grokked)  (Read 982 times)
Amgine
Noobie

heh heh

Absolutely gorked! (not grokked)
« on: May 20, 2002, 02:58:50 AM »

<laughing>

Okay, I think I have managed to totally screw my forum after trying to convert my YaBB SP1.1 board to SE 1.3.0...

Since I'm migrating to a new server, I managed to get SE up and running on the new system only after a lot of coaching. Although the "safe mode" came back negative, the only way to get it working was to upload the safe mode installation.

After getting it working, uploaded the converter. Then backed up the SP1.1, uploaded a copy to the new server, and ran the converter. Spent a while messing around to get the paths correct (ended up using ./yabbse btw...) Then the converter took off...

Clicked over the button to return to SE... and the topics are screwed, no messages whatsoever, etc. I could log in with the old username(s), but nada in the profiles. You can take a look at http://earthhousemn.org/~amgine/Forum/index.php

Any guesses as to why/what? Any suggests as to where to go from here?

Amgine

Proudly Non-Human
Amgine
Noobie

heh heh

Re:Absolutely gorked! (not grokked)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2002, 03:21:29 AM »

Thank you Zrski!

Checking back, I found a bunch of files had been uploaded as binary, and after being uploaded correctly, all the topics/categories/boards (at least) are in place correctly. And the users are now correct, I think...

Now to test and mod...

Amgine

Proudly Non-Human
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Absolutely gorked! (not grokked) « previous - next »