Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 26, 2024, 10:05:56 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Code] Stream yabb code - insert streaming media and sound(uses media player) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Code] Stream yabb code - insert streaming media and sound(uses media player)  (Read 6746 times)
MrStormyNights
Noobie

I'm a PHP newbie

[Code] Stream yabb code - insert streaming media and sound(uses media player)
« on: April 02, 2002, 01:49:42 AM »

Here is a link to the text file instructions:
http://www.wewfhf.com/uploads/stream.txt

save this image and upload it to your YaBBImages directory

« Last Edit: October 27, 2002, 04:44:21 PM by MrStormyNights » Logged
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

Re:[Code] Stream yabb code - insert streaming media and sound(uses media player)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2002, 02:02:25 AM »

Only thing is I don't think your Boardmod tags are correct.  Cool idea though, it weould use up bandwidth like no other though.

MrStormyNights
Noobie

I'm a PHP newbie

Re:[Code] Stream yabb code - insert streaming media and sound(uses media player)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2002, 02:07:26 AM »

What do you mean by Boardmod tags not being correct?  It works fine on my test board.

It will use up bandwidth, but so does the flash code, if your host has riduclously low bandwidth limits or your users abuse this, then, yea you might run into bandwidth problems.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2002, 02:15:05 AM by MrStormyNights » Logged
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2002, 02:25:20 AM »

My bad, I always knew the tags being like, <replace> </replace>

MrStormyNights
Noobie

I'm a PHP newbie

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2002, 02:45:12 AM »

No, My bad, your right about the instruction tags, sorry I didn't know what you meant by Boardmod tags. I tried to edit them but it tells me the message is too long when I put it in the correct syntax. The text file is updated.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2002, 06:27:33 AM by MrStormyNights » Logged
Yngwiedis

Yngwie Rules !!!

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2002, 05:54:25 PM »

Any way to make this mod compatible with 1.4.0 ?
iamdamnsam

RamchargerCentral.Com

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2002, 08:28:22 PM »

Is this just for playing media?

asora
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2002, 12:31:46 AM »

Thx, it work !
 ;D
buiddoi
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2002, 12:55:52 AM »

how do I add object for RAM files ? does anyone know ?

Thanks in advanced! :)
buiddoi
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2002, 11:57:55 PM »

anybody?
ArtfulSpider
Noobie

Musicians, check out MIDI-CONTEST.COM !!!

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2002, 08:01:23 PM »

2 questions:

1) How can I set the volume so it's at full, instead of the script automatically setting the MIDI volume to 20 percent (I am streaming midi files)

2) how can I set it so the full media player window doesn't display, I want only the audio player, without the video window.

Thanks,

RR
ArtfulSpider
Noobie

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2002, 10:05:39 AM »

Quote from: ArtfulSpider on September 14, 2002, 08:01:23 PM2 questions:

1) How can I set the volume so it's at full, instead of the script automatically setting the MIDI volume to 20 percent (I am streaming midi files)

2) how can I set it so the full media player window doesn't display, I want only the audio player, without the video window.

Thanks,

RR

Is there no solution ???  Surely somewhere in the code, there's something that sets the media player options for the way you want it to display, volume, etc.... isn't there?

Please take a look and advise.... Thanks.

RR
MrStormyNights
Noobie

I'm a PHP newbie

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2002, 04:37:52 PM »

Sorry to say this, but I don't use YABB SE any longer and I only ported this over from another php based BB when I was considering using YABB SE.

I am not a programmer, I tinker with things and figure out how to make them work. I don't have a true understanding of what all the code does, sorry. I cannot help with issues on this mod because I don't use this board. I only came here today and posted this due to someone emailing me about it. If someone else wants to take over this mod and fix the problems/additional items that have been requested, feel free to do so.

ArtfulSpider, sorry, I will point you to the area you need to change, but you will have to experiment on your own or ask someone else for help. Look in the Subs.php file, the object classid line that was added, all the controls are in that line. Change showcontrols=1 showdisplay=0 showstatusbar=1 autosize=1 visible=1 animationatstart=0 transparentatstart=1 loop=0 (change the 0 and 1 values) to get the effects you want. 0 = no and 1 = yes.  

You can also change the default width and height by changing the stream=256,256 in the ubbc.js

Hope that helps. And I hope someone else can take this over and help further.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2002, 05:22:18 PM by MrStormyNights » Logged
ArtfulSpider
Noobie

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2002, 06:12:03 AM »

Thanks!  Looks like the variables I was looking for...
(that was me that emailed you, by the way)  ;D

RR
ArtfulSpider
Noobie

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2002, 07:37:24 AM »

These are the changes I made to the Subs.php file to get rid of the video window display, and display only the flat media player control panel, with play, stop, pause, and volume controls, and no autostart.... I changed the autosize to "1" to get rid of the video display window, above the controls... Since we're streaming only MIDI files, it knows it doesn't need that display window, so that did the trick to get rid of that... To keep the thing from automatically starting playback of the file, it was necessary to add the "param name" line (see code example below) before the "name=Media Player 2" line.... as well as the "AutoStart=0" and the "autostart=0" lines, after the
"name=Media Player 2" line... (both ways, for some reason, as that's how Microsoft said to do it, when I looked it up under "Media - advanced embedding options" under the developers section....
.... but point is, IT WORKS !!! I didn't need to change anything in the ubbc.js file by the way....
Here's a snippet from the php file as it is now....

"<object id=\"wmp\" width=\\1 height=\\2 classid=\"CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95\" codebase=\"http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,0,0,0\" standby=\"Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components...\" type=\"application/x-oleobject\"><param name=\"FileName\" value=\\3><param name=\"ShowControls\" value=\"1\"><param name=\"ShowDisplay\" value=\"0\"><param name=\"ShowStatusBar\" value=\"0\"><param name=\"AutoSize\" value=\"1\"><param name=\"AutoStart\" value=\"0\"><embed type=\"application/x-mplayer2\" pluginspage=\"http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wurecommended/s_wufeatured/mediaplayer/default.asp\" src=\\3 name=MediaPlayer2  AutoStart=0 showcontrols=1 showdisplay=0 showstatusbar=1 autosize=1 visible=1 animationatstart=0 transparentatstart=1 autostart=0 loop=0  width=\\1 height=\\2></embed></object>",
This is how the embedded player looks now....

Thanks for the tip... hopefully, these details will help others with the same problem.....

-RR

Pages: [1] 2 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Code] Stream yabb code - insert streaming media and sound(uses media player) « previous - next »