Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
October 01, 2024, 11:19:45 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Combining 2 YaBB 1 Gold Forums into 1 YaBB SE??? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Combining 2 YaBB 1 Gold Forums into 1 YaBB SE???  (Read 460 times)
Structuralist
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

Combining 2 YaBB 1 Gold Forums into 1 YaBB SE???
« on: January 05, 2002, 06:01:30 AM »

Is it possible to combine two separate YaBB Release 1 Gold Forums into One YaBB SE Forum?

I signed up for a year of service with Aletia Web Hosting and did not read the fine print carefully. It does not allow flat file based BBS's such as YaBB Release 1 Gold, but will allow a MySQL based forum such as YaBB SE.

The second restriction states that only one forum may be run on the domain. I read elsewhere that it was based on bandwidth useage and that they discouraged multiple boards but only if your boards abused the resources.

I originally had one board that I divided into two. Because of the restrictions I now have to combine them and want to do so without losing information, members information or messages.

Any suggestions?  ???
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Combining 2 YaBB 1 Gold Forums into 1 YaBB SE??? « previous - next »