Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 26, 2024, 01:14:57 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Recommendations for integration questionsplease « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Recommendations for integration questionsplease  (Read 471 times)
Dale
Recommendations for integration questionsplease
« on: January 03, 2002, 01:02:13 AM »

Hello,

I just came across this site the other day and really am happy to see a SQL version of YABB.

I have a site that will soon have a membership login. I am also looking for a message board and have been very impressed with YABB on sites I use that have it installed there.

The problem/delimma I am facing is how to integrate a message board like YABBSE into the membership system I am writing.

The rest of my site is built with a tool called WebCatalog. I don't have time at present to completely re-write the site. So I am trying to find something that I can integrate with my existing site. I would like to have the message oards set up that guests can view, but not post and also to have certain message boards only available to a certain level of users.

As I am not a big SQL user (WebCatalog uses it's own databases, but can also talk SQL), but am willing to learn.

I would prefer not to use cookies for my login tracking system, especially in light of the recent EU commision ruling on them (I live in Germany and my new servers will also be here, so this is important to me).

I guess I wonder what YABBSE uses for it's membership system and how easily it could be used by another tool as well.

Thanks for any feedback, I really appreciate it and I really like YABB. I can't imagine trying to take the time to write my own message board, I know it would not be anywhere as good as YABB without a lot of work and a long time coding and testing.

Dale
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Recommendations for integration questionsplease « previous - next »