Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 26, 2024, 04:37:44 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  login problem when board is in frame / help needed « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: login problem when board is in frame / help needed  (Read 597 times)
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

login problem when board is in frame / help needed
« on: December 31, 2001, 07:50:48 AM »

Upgraded my 1 Gold board to YaBB SE. Everything worked flawless. Now I'm activating the SE board in the main menu of the website and have a nasty problem:

If the SE is in a frame window, you cant stay logged in at all. You are allowed to login, and see the message "Hey andrea, you have ... messages". But as soon as you click on any link, you are thrown out.

A little difficult to explain. Understand what I mean? Summary:
  • http://yabbse.penthesilea.ch is the direct link to the board, if you login here, everything works fine
  • http://www.1eltern.ch is the web site main page. If you click the link "community" in the main menu, the same board is opened in the frame window, and you get the login problem described above

Please note that I did already rename the cookie names in the admin section, deleted all the cookies several times, and rebooted my pc, it did not help.

The problem is not with netscape 4.7, but with msie 6.0

Looks like if msie is looking for a different cookie name if the board is invoked within a frame.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2001, 08:07:23 AM by andrea » Logged

Joseph Fung
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Keep smiling: it makes others nervous.

Re:login problem when board is in frame / help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2001, 08:09:26 AM »

That's really interesting....I don't think anyone tested it working in a frame....I'll see if I can get someone to play around with that.

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2001, 08:18:06 AM »

Made some more tests: the problem is not with msie 5.5, too. But on msie 6.0 definitely, deleted all cookies and rebooted once more, didn't help.

P.S. want to know how your double posts came in? Found that yesterday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2001, 08:18:50 AM by andrea » Logged

Joseph Fung
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Keep smiling: it makes others nervous.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2001, 08:28:30 AM »

I know how mine happened - opened two windows, forgot I'd hit submit on one already ::)

how did it happen to you?

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2001, 08:31:33 AM »

Mine happened like this: entered a post, then pressed the "post" button, then "refreshed" the page, and voila there was the same post again. Tried to reproduce that in the test board here, but didn't work. Needs some special environment maybe. Happened today in my board.

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2001, 08:36:26 AM »

Just found the solution, I suppose. Here it is (im trying this out, at least have the stop signal on my site):
Quote from: Marky on December 26, 2001, 07:25:21 PMGuys the problem is internet explorer 6 and cookies I made a tutorial about fixing it:
------------
Some people have a problem to stay logged in to this forum using ie. 6.0 and this forum I will explain how to get it working here:

1: go to http://yoursite.com
2: make sure that you are logged in
3: next to your status bar you see a little icon that looks like I "stop" sign, double click it

Screenshot
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/mf.kraakman/tutorial.jpg

4: double click the top url, you should get the following screen: http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/mf.kraakman/tutorial1.jpg

5: Select "Always allow this site to use cookies" and click ok

6: ENJOY! it should work now!
-----------
There you go
Will report the result in a few minutes!

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2001, 08:43:12 AM »

It DID solve the problem.  :)

Well this is the good news.  :)  But why does the problem arise only if the board is in the frame, and how in gods name shall I help my 100 board users to solve this problem, if they meet it.  ::)  Many of them aren't computer experts and will never understand that.

£eo

I really do love YaBBSE :-)

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2001, 09:01:31 AM »

I had this problem  with both gold board and SE board..
When my squad started to upgrade their browsers,  almost everyone got login problems,   both in frame and with direct link...      But it was not to hard to explain them what to do   ;D    So why not send a message to all users of your board,  telling them to click the red eye, and chose allow all cookies....    I think they understand  ;)

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  login problem when board is in frame / help needed « previous - next »