Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
October 03, 2024, 06:29:34 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Login menu « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Login menu  (Read 561 times)
Vince
Login menu
« on: December 29, 2001, 02:11:39 AM »

How do i create a login form to put on my main page to let members easy to login? what is the code i mean
scx

Re:Login menu
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2001, 07:15:25 AM »

You can easily extract HTML code from your YaBB SE board index page.
Well, here's it:
<form action="http://your_server/path_to_yabbse/index.php?board=;action=login2" method="POST">
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" align="center" width="100%">
  <tr>
    <td valign="middle" align="left"><font size="2"><b>Username:</b><br><input type="text" name="user" size="15"></font></td>
    <td valign="middle" align="left"><font size="2"><b>Password:</b><br><input type="password" name="passwrd" size="15"></font></td>
    <td valign="middle" align="left"><font size="2"><b>Session Length in Minutes:</b><br><input type="text" name="cookielength" size="4" maxlength="4" value="60"></font></td>
    <td valign="middle" align="left"><font size="2"><b>Always stay logged in:</b><br><input type="checkbox" name="cookieneverexp" checked></font></td>
    <td valign="middle" align="left"><input type="submit" value="Login"></td>
  </tr>
</table>
</form>
Coyote
YaBB God

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2002, 10:19:58 PM »

I tried this code, changing the URL - it appears to work, I can see how many PM messages I have... but when I try to read them it reverts me back to guest.

If I move of the main index of the board into a category - it also reverts me to guest.

any ideas?

To the world - you are just one person, but to one person you are the world!
alexrolko
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2002, 04:37:29 AM »

Its the cookie... it was creatied in using some wrong *data* ....
TheJkWhoSaysNi
YaBB God

I dont know what to put here, i'll leave it blank.

ICQ - 122821095TheJkWhoSaysNi@evilemail.com WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2002, 02:04:22 PM »

thats pretty cool, is there any way not to make it take you to the forum but stay on the website and say "Welcome [username] You have *** messages" ?

WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
I'm listening to....
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2002, 05:18:03 PM »

Quote from: UD_UL_DeViL on January 06, 2002, 02:04:22 PMthats pretty cool, is there any way not to make it take you to the forum but stay on the website and say "Welcome [username] You have *** messages" ?
Add on that. Tried it, too. Its cool but takes one immediately into the YaBB board.

There is another interesting thread, which I'm trying out at the moment, this one: How to integrate YaBB into my PHP website started by Zef Hemel.

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Login menu « previous - next »