Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
October 02, 2024, 10:18:29 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Problem with Add Smilies Mod « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Problem with Add Smilies Mod  (Read 1404 times)
KingDutka

Whatever...

ICQ - 143872821 WWW
Problem with Add Smilies Mod
« on: December 28, 2001, 10:22:31 PM »

I got it installed after installing the new package manager. Apparently there was a script that had to be run before the install was complete. People without the new Package Manager would not know this.

NOTE: If you do not have the new Package Manager, but want the Add Smilies Mod, you will have tun run the Smilies.php (I think that's the one). Use your browser! (ie. http://yoursite.com/YABBSE/Sources/Smilies.php)

Now, on to the problem.

When I click on the "Get More" link, the pop up window shows all the extra smilies. When I click on a smilie to add, I get a scripting error. I have to hand type the smilie code to make it work. I am running safe mode.

Finally, I was wondering if it's possible to make the extra smilies appear on more than one page? I currently have 80 smilies, but plan for MANY more in the future. It may be faster for me to have seperate pages for my categorized smilies. It takes a long time for 500 smilies to load in 1 pop up.

Maybe if you click on "Get More" it takes you to a pop up with more customized links. ie. a pop up with the following links: happy smilies, angry smilies, midevil smilies, fantasy smilies, etc.

Each of those links could take you to a seperate page of smilies. What say you to that?

"I'm Sorry, Did I Kill You?"-KingDutka, King of the RPG MANIACS
Patty

Drat. I caught Darth Llama.

Re:Problem with Add Smilies Mod
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2001, 11:43:28 PM »

It wasn't giving me script errors, but it wasn't working, either.

I just want to turn off the VB thing -- I don't like that feature in VB, and I don't use enough smilies to warrant a separate page. I just want them to line up under the current smilies.  :)
Matt Siegman
Super Duper Developer
YaBB God

Red Hot!

ICQ - 95930457 WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2001, 11:50:10 PM »

I found the problem for the javascript:

search for:
parent.addText
replace with:
opener.addText

You can't turn the vB smilies off because a switch in the settings file doesn't seem to be working... will be fixed in the next version...

500 Smilies! dude, I don't know if the smilies script can handle that...

Fade_to_Blah
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2002, 08:15:39 AM »

Im having trouble uninstalling this mod.  Now I know your saying "Why would you want to uninstall it..?".  Well I want to go back to the other smiley layout because I think it looks better at the top:)  I went to package manager and did the remove thing on the package, but it still shows up when posting new topics and the options still show in the mod settings section.

Any help would be appreciated.
Matt Siegman
Super Duper Developer
YaBB God

Red Hot!

ICQ - 95930457 WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2002, 05:13:07 PM »

sorry, I don't know what the problem is.  I will release a bug fix soon though.

Fade_to_Blah
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2002, 11:10:42 PM »

Well maybe you can help me with a few things.  I cannot seem to get the window to load the smilies into the text field.  I click on the new smilie that I added and nothing gets added to the text field where my message is supposed to go.  What exactely should be in the "Smilie Code" section of a smilie.  Maybe thats the problem.

Would it be possible to get rid of the "Add Smilies" Section of a reply messae since it really isnt used anymore with this mod installed.  

Thanks

Fade
Kalin Somphane
YaBB God

I am personal text!

ICQ - 20280987 WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2002, 11:19:21 PM »

1st Solution:
go into the language file and find the following line:

Quote$txt[297] = "Add Smilies";
(supposably on the 351st line)

and change it to:
Quote$txt[297] = "";

That would make it not appear :) Unfortunatelly you would still have the colons appearing and there is a fix for that too

2nd Solution:
Go into post.php in sources dir and find the followind line:
Quote<td align="right"><font size=2><b>$txt[297]:</b></font></td>
(usually 768th line)
and there take the whole line out(erase) I think it should have no impact

Hope this helps.
(Language file is usually english.lng)

EZTARCH - The Original YaBBSE PHP Portal
Unlike many others, I accept support requests, in exchange for godly worship every weekday including saturday and sunday.
Fade_to_Blah
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2002, 11:38:47 PM »

Thanks for the help KingDutka, it worked great.  

The only problem left is the smilie code getting added to the text window.  Let me give an example.  I have a smilie that shows argueing.  For smilie code I have "smilie_argue" and teh picture is linked correctely.  Now I click on more smiles, the window pops up with the new smile there.   I click on the smile, but the code does not get added to my message.  However if I type it manually "smile_argue" it works fine.  Maybe some javascript problem?
Fade_to_Blah
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2002, 11:44:04 PM »

Wow Im dense...I just saw the answer posted above.....
Kalin Somphane
YaBB God

I am personal text!

ICQ - 20280987 WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2002, 12:14:44 AM »

Um, I am not KingDutka :), and yes there is a problem with the pop up and things not going into the text field - I have it.

EZTARCH - The Original YaBBSE PHP Portal
Unlike many others, I accept support requests, in exchange for godly worship every weekday including saturday and sunday.
Fade_to_Blah
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2002, 02:24:35 AM »

Man didnt even thank the right guy:(

Thanks tarch

and the simple post above easily fixed that text not going into the field.
Nossie

If it aint broke, you haven't played with it enuff

ICQ - 18967293IanHarvie@Hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2002, 02:53:31 PM »

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting the 1.1 release installed... I do a test run of the script modifier and I get "string not found"

<td align="right"><script language="JavaScript1.2" src="$ubbcjspath" type="text/javascript"></script>

I'm not even sure if thats the right string but its my guess anyways ;D

any help would be muchly appreciated
Ian.

Webby
Beta Tester
YaBB God

Some mistakes are too funny to make only once.

ICQ - 9814812webby@salesplaza.nl WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2002, 01:36:05 AM »

Should that not be :

Quotetemplate_header();
   print<<<EOT
<script language="JavaScript1.2" src="$ubbcjspath" type="text/javascript"></script>

Or something ?

Who can help us out here ?

I also think it's strange that there is a v.1.1.0 version on the package server, that won't work ?  I mean, is it properly tested ?  On a "clean" board ?

Maybe we ( I ) can doe a few thins manually to get it working, because I sure want this mod !  

Also I had in my Gold version of YaBB lots of smilies/images that are now undefined, so the old posts show only the tekst instead of those images.  With this mod, I can make sure, that all those images are shown correctly in the future posts AND in the past posts  ;D

So : somebody give us a hand in showing what is wrong with this package !

This is what we get now on the v1.1.0 version (in Post.php is the error) :

QuoteWe're going to look for:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<td align="right"><script language="JavaScript1.2" src="$ubbcjspath" type="text/javascript"></script>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
String not found, there's probably an error in your mod.

Sources/Subs.php

Webby of salesplaza.nl
The YaBBSE buttongenerator : Click HERE !
Nossie

If it aint broke, you haven't played with it enuff

ICQ - 18967293IanHarvie@Hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2002, 02:09:03 AM »

hehe sorry before I never stated where it was looking for the script... mibbie I should quote a little more next time...

I take it I'm not the only person getting this error then?

I never got the original add more smilies to work for yabb gold sp1 because of the whole %20 carry on being added to the link....  I think that was because the location itself was too many characters or something ?

:(
Ian.

Matt Siegman
Super Duper Developer
YaBB God

Red Hot!

ICQ - 95930457 WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2002, 04:18:49 PM »

I release a new version for 1.1.0 last night, check it out on my package server

Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Problem with Add Smilies Mod « previous - next »