Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 23, 2024, 03:01:10 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Mods we need « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Mods we need  (Read 4621 times)
TheJkWhoSaysNi
YaBB God

I dont know what to put here, i'll leave it blank.

ICQ - 122821095TheJkWhoSaysNi@evilemail.com WWW
Re:Mods we need
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2001, 02:16:10 PM »

I wannna see

Welcome message, news mod, print whos online, headlines (basically a portal mod)

WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
I'm listening to....
Dave

I just got one question...

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2001, 03:12:53 PM »

I'll be doing announcement boards along with a news script add-on (add-ons are not mods and operate without ever touching the board's coding).

What I really want to see here is everyone working on compatibility. When you get done with a mod, don't release it right then. Take at LEAST an extra day or two to go back and optimize the code and find places where you can make things more compatible, because that was one of the major problems over at BoardMod. It was getting to where you couldnt write a mod without having to make 5 patches for it just for other mods, and that was ridiculous.
irbrian

I create. Therefore I am.

brian@inverse-reality.com WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2001, 04:58:54 PM »

Well there definitely needs to be a Mod-writing community hub, of sorts, like the boardmod site admin'd by CV XXL or whatever. In other words, my understanding is that he would go to a lot of trouble to spot compatibility issues in mods. It would be great if there was a small "committee" of sorts that could test them or something before they were officially released from a central location.

It'd be really great if boardmod.xnull.com could host that, they already have the database setup quite nicely for such a thing. But even if it was just on this board, there still should be more of an official process defined wherein mods are tested with each other before release.

Imparting great wisdom daily to those who will mistake my words as such.
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2001, 05:02:17 PM »

I'd like to see tighter control on an official mod respository and a stable site where the database isn't wiped often :)

sydney078

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2001, 05:08:02 PM »

Is there already a sticky topic mod somewhere??  I would like to make sure that the rules of the board always stay on top

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2001, 05:14:51 PM »

You're kidding right sydney?  I saw someone also ask for an attachents mod somewhere :(

Sticky and attachents both come with SE already.  Check your mod settings and preferences...

sydney078

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2001, 05:17:25 PM »

I'm sorry :(  I thought that section was for when I install MODS- didnt know you guys had already put a few in

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2001, 05:18:38 PM »

Look around your admin section, you'll be pleasantly surprised ;)

irbrian

I create. Therefore I am.

brian@inverse-reality.com WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2001, 05:26:19 PM »

Yeah, it was me who asked for the File Attachments mod. I knew about Sticky Topics being built in because I saw a few topics on it before release.

Unfortunately, I don't have an Admin section yet. :( My webhost has been unavailable to me 98% of the time over the last two days.

In fact if anyone wants to be really helpful, they could try going to the host's main site and check whether it comes up or not (if yes you'll get the hosts page, if no you'll get a page cannot be displayed or something). Please just PM me whether the answer is yes or no -- no need to clutter up this topic. Thanks in advance

[Update: Doh! It would have been helpful to have included my host's URL. :) Oh well... everything works beautifully now. Chalk up another "I Love YaBB SE!"]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2002, 07:28:35 PM by irbrian » Logged

Imparting great wisdom daily to those who will mistake my words as such.
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2001, 05:55:48 PM »

Who is your host?

Big P
Mod Team
YaBB God

"Back in '68, I don't like you, The End."

ICQ - 76064555pierceward@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2001, 06:12:21 PM »

Well since a few people asked for my advanced smileys hack I'll bring that out, since I've finished the version for SP1. What would be nice is if the add more smileys hack was added. Then I could do my ASsmileys one.  ;)
I'll also bring forth my other hacks all 6 of 'em!  ::)

PHPNews has been released!!! Download it now!!!
dgodfrey

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2001, 06:24:01 PM »

Sweet Big P.  I like that smilies mod.

Would it be possible for the mod authors to make sure their smiley mods are all compatible with each other?  I do not wish to get into a situation like I did with YaBB Gold.  Or perhaps these guys can all work together on one BIG smiley mod that has all of the features of the individual mods, but in just one mod?

Thanks,

Derek
Big P
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2001, 06:37:33 PM »

Well as far as i know there are 4 smiley hacks in total:
* Add more smileys,
* Detach Smileys,
* Advanced Smileys,
* Cracks Smileys,

My hack, advanced smileys will only work with add more smileys. Why?
The smileys take place of Cracks smileys, and the popup is a completely redone detach smileys. So if you include the other two hacks you can't use mine.
But since mine does what the others do, you only need those two hacks installed ;)

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2001, 06:40:25 PM »

Once things smoothen out and we manage to squash any problems/bugs that pop up, I think we'll look at coming up with some kind of mod solution.

As for the smilies one, I'd love to work with someone on that as I have some neat ideas ;)

Big P
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2001, 06:51:54 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on December 21, 2001, 06:40:25 PMOnce things smoothen out and we manage to squash any problems/bugs that pop up, I think we'll look at coming up with some kind of mod solution.

As for the smilies one, I'd love to work with someone on that as I have some neat ideas ;)
Hmm.. the current mod solution can get a bit confusing, especially with conflicting hacks.. No doubt loads. Sure as long as the hacks dont conflict its a piece of piss to update your board but otherwise it can get confusing for a beginner.

@point 2: Me, me, me!  8) ::)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Mods we need « previous - next »