Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 26, 2024, 10:39:15 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Spider URLs 1.2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [beta 1.5.4] Spider URLs 1.2  (Read 26871 times)
dschwab9

I'm a llama!

Re:[beta 1.5.4] Spider Urls 1.2
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2003, 02:28:54 PM »

I just tried it, and it crashed my server again  :-\
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2003, 03:35:32 PM »

Quote from: dschwab9 on September 17, 2003, 02:28:54 PM
I just tried it, and it crashed my server again  :-\

that's weird... and Friendly URLs didn't do this, right? I say it's weird cause they're pretty much the same

could you try the ob_anguz_url one without the Spiderl URLs mod to see if it alone causes it? if it doesn't could you try Relative URLs without Spider URLs to see if that causes it? that way I'll be able to narrow the problem to one of the functions

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
dschwab9

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2003, 03:54:03 PM »

Quote from: Anguz on September 17, 2003, 03:35:32 PM
that's weird... and Friendly URLs didn't do this, right? I say it's weird cause they're pretty much the same

Right, I'm currently running friendly URL (have been since you released it) and it's working fine.

Quote from: Anguz on September 17, 2003, 03:35:32 PM
could you try the ob_anguz_url one without the Spiderl URLs mod to see if it alone causes it?

Just tried that, it doesn't.

Quote from: Anguz on September 17, 2003, 03:35:32 PMif it doesn't could you try Relative URLs without Spider URLs to see if that causes it? that way I'll be able to narrow the problem to one of the functions

Haven't tried relative URLs yet, but I will and let you know.
Craig

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2003, 04:10:10 PM »

yeah the ob_anguz_url added with no problems but the new Spider URLs v1.2 just dosnt show anything even when i refresh it  :(
Craig

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2003, 04:15:17 PM »

just tried it again and it worked but couldn't find my style.css file  ???
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2003, 06:08:25 PM »

Quote from: Craig on September 17, 2003, 04:15:17 PM
just tried it again and it worked but couldn't find my style.css file  ???

then the url to your .css file is most probably relative, with Relative URLs mod you fix this

Quote from: dschwab9 on September 17, 2003, 03:54:03 PM
Just tried that, it doesn't.
Haven't tried relative URLs yet, but I will and let you know.

ok, try Relative URLs without Spider URLs... from what you say, you have the problem with the latter... could you send me a zipped copy of the index file that's giving your trouble? (the one with ob_anguz_url and relative_url in it)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 06:13:41 PM by Anguz » Logged

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
dschwab9

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2003, 07:19:12 PM »

Relative URLs does the same thing.

It's the $buffer = preg_replace_callback line that's doing it in both case, because if I comment that out, it doesn't crash.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 07:19:30 PM by dschwab9 » Logged
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2003, 08:42:04 PM »

Quote from: dschwab9 on September 17, 2003, 07:19:12 PM

It's the $buffer = preg_replace_callback line that's doing it in both case, because if I comment that out, it doesn't crash.

I uploaded your index file to my test forum (had to comment out the pruneBoards() function call cause I don't have it) and it works just fine
http://www.laakademia.com/forums/

for a moment I thought that maybe your php version doesn't support preg_replace_callback(), but that musn't be the case cause Friendly URLs uses it too...

???

you can try defining the relative_url function outside the ob_anguz_url one, right before it, it works too, but I don't think it's the problem... Friendly URLs has the function defined inside the other one too
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 09:05:44 PM by Anguz » Logged

Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2003, 09:32:09 PM »

dschwab9, could create a php file that has phpinfo() in it to see the specs? send me the url to it in an IM or an email

Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2003, 09:50:07 PM »

Quote from: dschwab9 on September 17, 2003, 07:19:12 PM

the only difference in the preg_replace_callback I find between Friendly URLs (that works for you) and Spider or Relative URLs (don't work for you), are quotes... the former has double quotes and the latter single quotes

from what I understand, single quotes are better cause they make it faster, but here's the changed line for this mod, try it and tell me what happens

$buffer = preg_replace_callback("/([^<]*)(href|src|action)=\"([^\"]*)\"/i", "relative_url", $buffer);

dschwab9

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2003, 11:18:18 PM »

Quote from: Anguz on September 17, 2003, 08:42:04 PM
you can try defining the relative_url function outside the ob_anguz_url one, right before it, it works too, but I don't think it's the problem... Friendly URLs has the function defined inside the other one too

I tried that, and it didn't crash, but I get this error at the top of every page:

Warning: preg_replace_callback() requires argument 2, 'relative_url', to be a valid callback in /var/www/bbs/public_html/index.php on line 79

Quote from: Anguz on September 17, 2003, 08:42:04 PMfrom what I understand, single quotes are better cause they make it faster, but here's the changed line for this mod, try it and tell me what happens

No difference at all

The phpinfo file is at http://www.daniel.zuwharrie.com/jinfo.php

Note the php was installed from a RedHat rpm, and their version numbers are weird.  Basically, mine wil report 4.2.2, but it has all the latest patches applied

About halfway down, there an item "url_rewriter.tags" with some parameters.  Wonder if I need to change something there?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 11:21:48 PM by dschwab9 » Logged
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2003, 11:53:26 PM »

beats me  :P

keep using Friendly URLs for now I guess, but I'd really like to know what's wrong with it, so you can have it working too

I'll ask for help in the PHP Help board, maybe one of the more knowledged members here can help solve this mystery  :)

Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2003, 11:55:56 PM »

just curious

QuoteI tried that, and it didn't crash, but I get this error at the top of every page:

Warning: preg_replace_callback() requires argument 2, 'relative_url', to be a valid callback in /var/www/bbs/public_html/index.php on line 79

when you changed that line I gave you, did you have Relative URLs installed (like in the index.php file you sent me) or was it Spider URLs? if the function wasn't there, that'd explain the error

dschwab9

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2003, 12:07:00 AM »

I had relative urls installed.

This is really bugging me that it works for everyone but me.

I feel sometimes like I'm the only person in the world running Apache2, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I've got another server running Apache1, and have a test copy of yabbse installed there, so I'll try it on that one when I get a chance.
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2003, 01:44:26 AM »

I've got another server running Apache1, and have a test copy of yabbse installed there, so I'll try it on that one when I get a chance.

ok, do that and let's see what happens

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Spider URLs 1.2 « previous - next »