Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 26, 2024, 10:03:17 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Built-in Avatar Randomizer 1.1 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [beta 1.5.4] Built-in Avatar Randomizer 1.1  (Read 3465 times)
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

[beta 1.5.4] Built-in Avatar Randomizer 1.1
« on: August 19, 2003, 01:31:40 AM »

This mod will lets you use more than one avatar in your profile, which will be displayed randomly in the threads. They're inputed as a list of URLs, one per line.

Built-in_Avatar_Randomizer_v1.1.zip

You can see it working in my forums, here's an example:
my profile
http://www.laakademia.com/foros/index.php?board=1;action=viewprofile;user=webmaster
one of my posts (reload to see my avatar change)
http://www.laakademia.com/foros/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=7015;start=0#msg40286

History:
23 AUG 03 v1.1 changed the profile form a bit
18 AUG 03 v1 released
« Last Edit: August 23, 2003, 07:59:51 PM by Anguz » Logged

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Surfy

I'm a llama!

Re:[beta 1.5.4] Built-in Avatar Randomizer 1.0
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 10:16:57 PM »

wow!!!

Cool Addon!

Is this Mod compatible with the Avatar Upload Mod?

Surfy
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 11:43:22 PM »

I haven't tried Avatar Upload, cause I don't host files for my members, but if that mod lets you upload more than one avatar, then it will work (actually if it's only one avatar, it'll work too, but the others will have to come from other sources)

you see, this mod takes the list of urls to the avatars and picks one randomly to use that avatar, it doesn't matter if the avatar is in a server on the other side of the world or hosted in the same machine as the board

after uploading the avatar, get the url to the picture and add it to the url list ;)

you can create an account in my forum if you want, so you can see how the profile looks to add the urls... hold on, I'll take a screenshot and post it here...

this is smaller than actual size

it could be that Avatar Upload changed parts of the code that my mod will look for to do the changes, but I'm sure you can do the install manually... I don't think that the way one works will affect the other one though

I'm really glad you liked it! I hope you make them work together, pls let me know if you do :D

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 12:41:36 AM »

I tried to get Avatar Upload 1.2 but the link to the zip file isn't working...

if you could give it to me (post a link here or send it to me in an IM), I'll check it out and try to confirm if it'd affect the way this one works or not

1979Z28

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 01:02:42 AM »

Quick question, will this cause everybody who chooses to have a random avatar, to have the same avatar? Or will each one be different? Meaning, say 2 people post in a thread, and both have this random avatar enabled. Will the system randomly pick one, so they could both be different, or will they be the same avatar? :P
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 01:20:56 AM »

I'm a bit confused by your question, but will try to answer it ;)

each member creates his own list of avatars to choose from when displaying the messages... they're as independant as the "I have my own pic" thing in your profile is

here's an example in my forum:
my profile:
http://www.laakademia.com/foros/index.php?board=1;action=viewprofile;user=webmaster
another member's:
http://www.laakademia.com/foros/index.php?board=1;action=viewprofile;user=Like+a+Prayer

here's a thread page with messages from us both and you can see the avatars are randomized independently when you refresh it:
http://www.laakademia.com/foros/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=7015;start=30#msg49172

I hope I answered your question, but feel free to ask more if you want :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2003, 01:25:04 AM by Anguz » Logged

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Built-in Avatar Randomizer 1.1 « previous - next »