Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 26, 2024, 10:03:05 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] New Post Listing « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [beta 1.5.4] New Post Listing  (Read 4434 times)
Grudge
Global Moderator

Damn llama's don't like me :(

[beta 1.5.4] New Post Listing
« on: August 03, 2003, 07:34:17 PM »

This mod is very similar to "view recent posts", and indeed borrows a lot of the code from it. It will display all the recent posts on your forum that have NOT been read.

It will list the posts in order of time posted. It will also show only ONE post per topic as opposed to every post in a topic (ie - if a thread gets 20 replies it will only show one of them!). The post that it shows will also be the first message that is unread in that thread.

There is no db file for this one. Just copy the php file to your sources directory and run the tiny boardmod file.

NOTE: There is currently NO link to the new posts included in the mod - this is because I don't know where to put it (menu maybe?) Anyway - to access the new post list just go to:
www.yoursite.com/yabbse/index.php?action=newposts

So just add the link to whereever you wish to display it on your site :D If you want the link somewhere on your main site and don't know how to do it just tell me where and I'll post some code in here ;)

Thanks to Douglas for the mod idea and helping me test it before I release it!! Download here:
www.p0stwh0res.com/bins/mod/newtopic.zip

Sorry - I don't have time to support my old mods on YABB SE as I'm tied up in SMF development.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 04:25:05 PM by Grudge » Logged
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

Re:[beta 1.5.4] New Post Listing
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 08:22:26 PM »

Have a screen shot?  I have been wanting this forever but never found a mod I really liked.   :-\

Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 08:46:40 PM »

Screenshot:

www.p0stwh0res.com/bins/mod/ssnew.jpg

Basically - it looks the same same as recent messages but without multiple entries/ threads you've read/ The Re: in the subject line....

Also - it tells you who made the last post, the first unread post and the topic starter - all can be seen in the ss.

PS - I updated the zip file in the first post cause I realise I had my prev/next entries the wrong way around :D (It displays 20 posts per page)

David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 08:50:58 PM »

Hmm, ok.  I still think the only way to do this is to give a listing of threads instead of doing it by post.

Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 08:56:06 PM »

What do you mean by threads?

I mean this effectively lists all unread threads in order of most recent - it just displays the first unread post as a preview - if you messed around with the echo's so it didn't print out the body it would be a list of all unread threads.

Unless you mean to split all unread threads up into seperate boards so you can see all unread threads in a board?
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2003, 09:05:34 PM »

I mean it shows a listing of threads which have unread posts instead of just showing all the posts.  I like how vB does it alot.

Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 07:21:32 AM »

I'd like it either way, it sounds very convenient :)

maybe you can make it an option to view the threads with new unread messages with/out the first unread one

you could also make it an option to filter them by boards, in case you want to check them by one (it could be very convenient in case there's lots of activity in your community or for those who moderate a particular board)

keep up the great work! I'll install more of your mods! :D

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Herby
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 10:30:52 PM »

Quote from: Grudge on August 03, 2003, 08:56:06 PM
Unless you mean to split all unread threads up into seperate boards so you can see all unread threads in a board?

Oh yes - this would be great! In my board there are 300 - 900 new postings every day - and a lot of my user asked me for this functionality.
TF

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2003, 01:40:19 PM »

Can u make this for 1.4.1 too? Please.

I have so many mods that I would not upgrade becasue then all my mods will dissapear and then members will not recognize my forum.
Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2003, 01:42:31 PM »

TF - sorry there's not a chance of that happening! :(

I only started using YABB SE with 1.5.1 so I wouldn't know where to begin with porting it to an earlier version.

Also - with SMF on the horizon I won't be doing anything else to my mods for YABB SE - just any bug fixes that may appear!
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2003, 03:36:24 AM »

Grudge, what's the code I would need to add to have the modify and delete buttons for each post shown when they're viewed by a global mod or admin?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2003, 03:44:02 AM by Anguz » Logged

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Surfy

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2003, 09:59:50 AM »

It works fine!

Could you make a Version, in which lists only the new Threads, without the Messages?

Something like the "Searchnew" Mod, but which list each new Topic only once, also if their are more than one Post,

i hope you could understand that  :-[

Surfy
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2003, 03:04:56 PM »

Quote from: Surfy on August 11, 2003, 09:59:50 AM

It works fine!

Could you make a Version, in which lists only the new Threads, without the Messages?

Something like the "Searchnew" Mod, but which list each new Topic only once, also if their are more than one Post,

i hope you could understand that  :-[

Surfy

that's how it works already! only that instead of listing the threads with just the subject, it also shows the first unread message of each (there can be more after that one, but you go to the thread for that)

or do you mean newly started threads? ones that you never read before? I see... I guess it could be done checking if the first unread message is also the first message of the thread...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2003, 03:06:51 PM by Anguz » Logged

Surfy

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2003, 03:11:10 PM »

It shows me directly the first unread Topic, but i`m searching something like the "Searchnew Mod"

It sould only show me the link of the first unread Message of a Thread, with the first line of text.

The "SearchNew" make this, but he shows every Post i haven`t read, and not only the thirst unread Posting.

Surfy
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] New Post Listing « previous - next »