Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
October 07, 2024, 10:19:38 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  yabbse.org problems with search by member and posting on german forum « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: yabbse.org problems with search by member and posting on german forum  (Read 410 times)
marcnyc

I'm a llama!

yabbse.org problems with search by member and posting on german forum
« on: May 12, 2003, 05:10:32 PM »

Hello, it's been a month now that I have been trying to post something on the german section of forum and I haven't been able to. For some reason the message shows as posted and then disappears or is removed for some reason!! Why the hell is this happening? I tried three times and I can't find my message. I looked in my notifications and my message isn't there.

Then I tried doing an advanced search by member who started a topic and I put my user ID in as member to search for. Nothing came up. I thought that maybe it doesn't let you search for your own posts so I logged out and tried the search again, still nothing. At this point I thought that maybe it was a big in the search so I let the forum search for all posts started by used id marcnyc in all forums and it still came up with nothing.

What is going on????
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

Re:yabbse.org problems with search by member and posting on german forum
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 08:07:21 PM »

Well usually threads do not disappear here and also me post a lot in the german board.

I remember you posted once a post in the german board. Because it was a cross post I merged it with your original thread in the graphic and templates board:

http://www.yabbse.org/community/index.php?board=144;action=display;threadid=21198

marcnyc

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 05:17:31 AM »

I followed the link you gave me and I found the post in german that I was looking for.
As you can see nobody was able to help me from the english people and I consider it more likely that a german person can tell me where I can find a german/english template than not the contrary, therefore I wasn't trying to spam this forum with double posts, but I was trying to reach the german audience, which you prevented me from doing (because people who only speak german or who only use the german part of this forum will not see my post). Therefore I ask you: if I repost my post in the german forum will you please leave it there for the german folks to read and reply? Thank you for understanding.

PS: That still doesn't answer my question as of why I couldn't find any of my messages when I advanced-searched for messages started by me within the last 60 days on all the forums.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2003, 05:19:43 AM by marcnyc » Logged
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 07:24:03 AM »

Quote from: marcnyc on May 13, 2003, 05:17:31 AM
As you can see nobody was able to help me from the english people ...

I disagree with that, because you got at least 2 answers in the english forum. In addition also german speaking people do read the graphics and templates forum.

marcnyc

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 06:36:22 PM »

I wasn't trying to argue with you or make your life hell or your job of moderator harder.

Besides your answer in the english forum (which didn't answer my question, because I was looking for templates with nice buttons as opposed to using the original ones) I got only two answers in the english both by Arab_ME. In the first one he directed me to a link where I found his/her templates but didn't find any in german. In the second one he/she suggested to use the button generator which is something i could have done at any time if I wanted to. I did post here because I wanted to skip that step and see if I could save some hours of work.

I was looking for an answer like the one given by MC600 (who the german moderator didn't even let me thank for by locking that thread) who was the only one that showed me a template available in both languages, and not just in english.

PS Still no word about the search problem... Now I am scared to re-post that individually to have an answer to it 'cause you are already trying to make me look like somebody who's spamming this board with disregard
« Last Edit: May 14, 2003, 06:40:52 PM by marcnyc » Logged
Daniel D.
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 07:04:26 PM »

I closed it because you could search the board after the templates. I wrote in the sticky thread that every topic will be closed if someone didn't try to search. The search is easy to handle. I published the templates in the german AND english boards !

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 07:10:54 PM »

MC600's informations are already contained in the replies you got in the english thread. The new german thread was a double post and because of this locked by the german moderator. The post was locked more than 9 hours after MC600 posted his reply. You can still say thanks to MC600 by PM.

All templates are able to run under multilingual forums, since it is the button sets and the lng files which contain the language dependent text.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2003, 07:15:42 PM by andrea » Logged

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  yabbse.org problems with search by member and posting on german forum « previous - next »