Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 26, 2024, 09:32:50 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  Change Profile Confusion « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Change Profile Confusion  (Read 849 times)
Pamela_S
Noobie

Change Profile Confusion
« on: March 21, 2003, 10:22:53 AM »

I noticed this problem when I tried to update my profile in this forum yesterday.

Now that I've upgraded my forum to v. 1.5.1RC1 I am having users complain about this same problem:

When a member tries to edit their profile, they are prompted for their password. It is confusing, because the actual password field is near the TOP of the profile page but the fields choose password/verify password are near the bottom of the profile page (just above the "change password" button).

So, when you are prompted for your password and hit the "back" button, you see the "choose password/verify password" field which is confusing because the actual password field is at the top of the page.
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:Change Profile Confusion
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 10:25:19 AM »

Look in the Completed Mods board, there's a mod that will pop a box up if they forget...

I've already put a different solution into my "secret project" ;).

If you look, however, you'll notice it's under "required information".... because it is required.

-[Unknown]
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  Change Profile Confusion « previous - next »