Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
June 26, 2024, 06:25:45 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Yabbse and Tables « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Yabbse and Tables  (Read 2055 times)
silentbob

Sweep This!!

Yabbse and Tables
« on: March 20, 2003, 12:30:33 AM »

I'm looking for the kind of setup you guys have here.. nav bar on the left.. navbar uptop.. so far.. I was able to get the navbar up top.. but that's it.. I'm fairly new with php and tables.. any help would be appreciated..

http://www.sweepthis.com/test <-- template I want to use
http://www.sweepthis.com/test/yabbse <-- what I got so far

First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me... *spits* ... Blow.
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:Yabbse and Tables
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 01:01:42 AM »

Just put <yabb main> in the main content <td> of the original template....

-[Unknown]
silentbob

Sweep This!!

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 01:22:58 AM »

hmm.. could you expand on that for me please? thanks!

[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 01:33:45 AM »

This part:

QuoteThis theme is a template theme, meaning you can't use it like a standard theme.  If you are not familiar with templates and how they work, please read the section "About Templates" on our website.  Basically, we provide you with the graphics and full web, just as you see it here, and you modify the words and page names to suit your own needs.  If you already have a web, you can copy and paste your words into the pages of the new web.

This template uses Include Pages - The upper right graphical links are fully customizable.  We have linked the "home" image to this page (introduction), the magnifying glass image to the included site search page,  and the "mail" image to the included feedback form..  The images appear at the top of each page in the template.  To change them, simply open the one page, "include_top.htm" and make your changes there.  If you don't want anything at all to appear in the upper right, simply erase the contents of the page include_top.htm!

This template is customizable!!  You can change the wording on the upper left graphic for your own needs! Simply open a new web using this template theme, then, with a graphics program, open the file from the images directory of the new web named "top.gif".  Customize as you wish and save as "top1.gif" in the web's images directory, and you'll have your own customized theme!

Is going to be surrounded by a table.... like so:

<td><!--mstheme--><font face="arial, Arial, Helvetica">
         <font face="Arial" size="2">

And...
         <!--mstheme--></font></td>

Just put your <yabb main> inside that.

-[Unknown]
Wiziwig

Programmer and Users Liason and Manager

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2003, 01:55:56 AM »

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 20, 2003, 01:33:45 AM
This part:

QuoteThis theme is a template theme, meaning you can't use it like a standard theme.  If you are not familiar with templates and how they work, please read the section "About Templates" on our website.  Basically, we provide you with the graphics and full web, just as you see it here, and you modify the words and page names to suit your own needs.  If you already have a web, you can copy and paste your words into the pages of the new web.

This template uses Include Pages - The upper right graphical links are fully customizable.  We have linked the "home" image to this page (introduction), the magnifying glass image to the included site search page,  and the "mail" image to the included feedback form..  The images appear at the top of each page in the template.  To change them, simply open the one page, "include_top.htm" and make your changes there.  If you don't want anything at all to appear in the upper right, simply erase the contents of the page include_top.htm!

This template is customizable!!  You can change the wording on the upper left graphic for your own needs! Simply open a new web using this template theme, then, with a graphics program, open the file from the images directory of the new web named "top.gif".  Customize as you wish and save as "top1.gif" in the web's images directory, and you'll have your own customized theme!

All that stuff above ^ is going where???? Is it realy all that stuff above??? Should all that stuff above be like, the template code itself???????????

Is going to be surrounded by a table.... like so:

<td><!--mstheme--><font face="arial, Arial, Helvetica">
         <font face="Arial" size="2">

And...
         <!--mstheme--></font></td>

Just put your <yabb main> inside that.

And where is this table going????? And where did that !--mstheme come from ??????????

silentbob

Sweep This!!

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2003, 01:56:59 AM »

hmm.. I'm still having no luck.. . maybe I'm just too retarded.. oh well....

Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2003, 03:55:23 AM »

Quote from: silentbob on March 20, 2003, 01:56:59 AM
hmm.. I'm still having no luck.. . maybe I'm just too retarded.. oh well....

copy your index.htm in the main site, remove the text part in the middle (from "This theme is a template theme..." to "...your own customized theme!", and put <yabb main>.
after that, add the other yabb tags (copyright, title, im, news, etc) also the styles

My mods, ysePak, codes, tutorials
    Support question IMs = bad.
silentbob

Sweep This!!

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2003, 09:05:04 PM »

hmm I've tried and tried.. now I'm getting this ..

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\yabbse\Sources\Subs.php on line 428

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clicklog() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\yabbse\forum.php on line 58

www.sweepthis.com/test/yabbse <-- check it out

[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2003, 09:26:03 PM »

Reupload Subs.php....

-[Unknown]
Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2003, 09:37:26 PM »

blah, i tried to post before and got "sorry the filename u're trying to attached is used, pls rename it and try again" >_<
i thought it should be renamed automatically... :(
o well...

about your template
that frontpage made template sucks
it doesnt even use _any_ valid w3c css style
all fonts and colors are hardcoded too :(

i've tried to integrate the template with yse template, use it if u want (attached)

My mods, ysePak, codes, tutorials
    Support question IMs = bad.
silentbob

Sweep This!!

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2003, 09:50:22 PM »

thanks for the template.. I'll check it out in a bit...

Unknown : I re-upped subs.php and now am getting this :
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\yabbse\index.php:8) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\yabbse\Sources\Subs.php on line 154

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\yabbse\index.php:8) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\yabbse\Sources\Subs.php on line 155

An Error Has Occurred!

2: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\yabbse\index.php:8)
(c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\yabbse\Sources\Subs.php ln 154)

silentbob

Sweep This!!

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2003, 10:10:49 PM »

hmm.. did the template... now no top bar.. strange

silentbob

Sweep This!!

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2003, 10:34:03 PM »

HOLY crap! www.sweepthis.com/test/yabbse !!!  :o it worked! Thanks you guys for all the help! damn this kix ass!

silentbob

Sweep This!!

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2003, 11:11:34 PM »

hmm.. maybe I counted my blessings a little too soon... the layout... WONDERFUL.. the left navbar... missing.. =o\  . .. that template worked great spiff.. but the navbar no go.. any ideas??

silentbob

Sweep This!!

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2003, 11:53:17 PM »

sorry to keep posting.. but I just thought I'd say it's working great now.. thanks again everyone for all your help.. www.sweepthis.com/test/yabbse <-- if you want to see the final product.. :)

thanks espcially go out to spiff for the template.. don't know what I would've done without it.. probably be banging my head against the keyboard right about now.. thanks!

Pages: [1] 2 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Yabbse and Tables « previous - next »