Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
October 04, 2024, 09:20:05 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Standard Installation « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Standard Installation  (Read 272 times)
warren_kid
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Standard Installation
« on: March 15, 2003, 11:49:20 PM »

I downloaded version 1.5.1 (not the safe mode), then I uploaded the files to my host.  y typed http://www.mysite.com/yabbse/install.php and at the end it gave me a lists saying that everything was install successfully.  But i noticed that it never asked me for my data-base?? and ofcourse aster it was done and had a page full uf successes I thought everything was good to go! then when I typed the address http://www.misite.com/yabbse where its intalled it gave me an error "Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (61)"  My host does provide support for MySQL and PHP, the only thing is that it's not safemode  .  Andy Ideas on how to "link" the forum and MySQL?? is there anohter script that I need to run for this?  
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:Standard Installation
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 12:25:14 AM »

How many steps did you go through?

I think you only went up to step 1.  Remember, there IS a next button.

-[Unknown]
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Standard Installation « previous - next »