Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
October 03, 2024, 11:25:10 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  I can't find my administrative area! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: I can't find my administrative area!  (Read 367 times)
ConfusedOfLife
Noobie

I'm a llama!

I can't find my administrative area!
« on: March 14, 2003, 10:13:32 AM »

Hi
Maybe it's wrong to ask it in here because my server offers yaBB SE as one of their free scripts and they install it themselves. But when it's installed and I went to my forum ( www.sajharsanat.com/yabbse ), I just noticed that I can't find the administrative area and there's no place to enter a password for that! So, I even tried my $db_user and $db_password ( the ones in the Settings.php ) but they didn't answer either and it said that such a username and password doesn't exist. I almost tried all the php files and it's no way to do it!
I decided to ask it in here first before I contact them, coz I don't like to look stupid!

Thanx in advance,
COL
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:I can't find my administrative area!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 10:27:10 AM »

You'll need to ask your host to give you an admin account.

I will not provide anymore support until I see proof that the copyright was removed legally.

-[Unknown]
ConfusedOfLife
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 06:53:14 PM »

Thanx! I will ask them.

PS: I don't know if it's removed legally or not! But it's a reputable compnay ( my host I mean ) and well, I have a dedicated host. I can give you my username and password if you need it, but they're not likely to do illegal things! You already have the URL, you can ask them.
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 12:24:45 AM »

The copyright that is on that forum is illegal.

[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 01:27:19 AM »

Would someone contact them?

http://irandiba.net/contact.html

-[Unknown]
ConfusedOfLife
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 11:22:17 AM »

Hey, I'm working in there and may I know which part is illegal exactly? I told you I didn't do anything with the forum, I just installed that and if it's anything wrong it's our host who is to blame. The only change that I made was in the Settings.php file, changing the $mbname to "Diba Group". It's the part of the Settings that I changed:

$language = "english.lng";            # Change to language pack you want to use
$mbname = "Diba Group";               # The name of your YaBB forum
$boardurl = "http://www.sajharsanat.com/yabbse";            # URL of your board's folder (without trailing '/')

As you see it says "The name of your yaBB forum", so, it means that I can change it, doesn't it? You tell me which part is illegal, I'll contact the host myself.
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2003, 11:50:42 AM »

This part is illegal

QuotePowered by Yabbse

It should be:

QuotePowered by YaBB SE
© 2001-2003, YaBB SE Dev Team. All Rights Reserved.

The copyright notice has been removed, and so has the link.

-[Unknown]
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2003, 07:16:24 PM »

The other thing to ask your host is what version they installed, if it is not 1.5.1 you really should do a clean install of that version.

ConfusedOfLife
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2003, 07:26:11 PM »

Well, I'm terribly sorry for this copyright mistake. I'm gonna tell them what happend and I'll give them the address of this thread that they come and see for themselves. But if you give me the address of the file that contains the copyright notice, I'll fix it myself for you. This thing should be fixed permanently by my host, because if I install this script ( I have 80 free scripts and yaBB SE is one of them ) for my other sites, the same thing happens and I'm sure that not everybody knows about it. I'm waiting for the address.

PS: Thank you David, I will ask them. I actually wanted to install it myself too, I don't like ready things, you know what I mean?!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2003, 07:28:05 PM by ConfusedOfLife » Logged
Peter Duggan
Llama Chameleon
Global Moderator
YaBB God

You come and go...

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2003, 08:33:09 PM »

Search your template for 'Powered by Yabbse' (should be near the bottom) and replace it with <yabb copyright>. If you can't access your admin area, it's template.php in your main YaBB SE directory.

PS The relevant line in the default template reads:

<td valign="middle" align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><yabb copyright></td>
« Last Edit: March 15, 2003, 08:36:24 PM by Peter Duggan » Logged

David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2003, 09:12:48 PM »

I wouldn't bother working on this install anymore, you have no idea what else your host might of changed.  I would delete it and just install it yourself.  It is an easy install.

ConfusedOfLife
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2003, 05:38:06 PM »

I asked them and the only thing that they replied was that they no longer support this forum ( because of it's security problems ) and they apologized for the inconvenience!
Thank you David, I think you're right! I'm gonna delete and install it again and I'll send the new address to you ( Not in these days at least, I had a terrible fight with my mom! and I'm not in a good mood )
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  I can't find my administrative area! « previous - next »