Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
September 28, 2024, 09:59:15 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.x] Member Map « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.5.x] Member Map  (Read 63601 times)
Toon Dawg
Noobie

Re:[Done 1.5.1] Member Map
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2003, 01:25:28 PM »

Is there another place to download it?  The dune2k location has been down the past few days.   :-\

CrimSon_ReD

RED, WHITE & BLUE - enUFF saiD!!

« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2003, 10:32:50 PM »

Quote from: Gobalopper on January 25, 2003, 06:08:29 AM
See the mod file for more details.
http://www.dune2k.com/MemberMap.zip

Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2003, 01:00:16 AM »

Server is back up, but might go back down tomorrow as the DNS server is changing.
Daniel D.
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2003, 04:43:34 PM »

I heared from a german user, that no one can place the pin on the map in his board. He asked me to try and I could place it. After a few days, he said that all the user who can't use it have the Java Virtual Machine. I use Java from Sun.

Did you get such an error before ? ???

scoobie35803
Noobie

webcanyon@hotmail.com
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2003, 09:36:10 PM »

I must be really missing it,

Where are the instructions for installing this mod (any mod) on an existing YabbSE 1.5.2 install?

I'm really showing my newbie colors I suspect...

CrazyC

My name says enough.

« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2003, 11:13:30 PM »

Quote from: scoobie35803 on May 14, 2003, 09:36:10 PM
I must be really missing it,

Where are the instructions for installing this mod (any mod) on an existing YabbSE 1.5.2 install?

I'm really showing my newbie colors I suspect...

In the mod file itself.  Open it with BoardMod and read the description area.

CrazyC
scoobie35803
Noobie

webcanyon@hotmail.com
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2003, 11:51:45 PM »

CrazyC,

Thanks for the reply.. I don't know what boardmod is.. that is how 'nubie' I am.

I opend the .mod file in a text editor & read the install & it said to copy images to the YabbImages directory, a php file to the Sources directory, & a php file to the root of the board.  I then ran the file it described, pointed a browser to the php file I put in the root of the board & it gave me 3 comments about how everything worked great. Then it said to go to my mods & settings (I think) & make changes as needed. I went in & did not see anything realating to Member Map.. I also do not see in any of the forum pages where anything has changed.

What incredibility inane item am I overlooking?

I'm usually very quick with cgi, java, etc... There must be some kind of mental or overall key to all this I'm missing.

Thanks in advance,
« Last Edit: May 14, 2003, 11:52:23 PM by scoobie35803 » Logged
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2003, 04:26:32 AM »

In the .mod file it explains what lines of code need to change in order to get this to work. You can either follow those instructions by hand or run boardmod to do it.

Daniel D. do they have javascript turned off? I take it they are all using IE? The pin is placed using javascript so if they disable it then there isn't much I can do...
Daniel D.
Mod Team
YaBB God

« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2003, 04:14:17 PM »

I asked them already and they have turned it on. I'll check it twice.

CrazyC

My name says enough.

« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2003, 08:29:54 PM »

Quote from: scoobie35803 on May 14, 2003, 11:51:45 PM
CrazyC,

Thanks for the reply.. I don't know what boardmod is.. that is how 'nubie' I am.

I opend the .mod file in a text editor & read the install & it said to copy images to the YabbImages directory, a php file to the Sources directory, & a php file to the root of the board.  I then ran the file it described, pointed a browser to the php file I put in the root of the board & it gave me 3 comments about how everything worked great. Then it said to go to my mods & settings (I think) & make changes as needed. I went in & did not see anything realating to Member Map.. I also do not see in any of the forum pages where anything has changed.

What incredibility inane item am I overlooking?

I'm usually very quick with cgi, java, etc... There must be some kind of mental or overall key to all this I'm missing.

Thanks in advance,
Well, one more comment.  If you are that new, you might want to read more of the messages on this site before trying to install any mods on YaBB SE.  Take a closer look, there are numerous threads regarding Boardmod that tell you what it is, where/how to get it and how to use it.  There's a lot of information about how to customize Yabb, but you have to read the messages first.  You'll find that most users (most, not all) on this site (and other support sites) get pretty upset if people start asking questions that have been answered plenty of times before in the forums.

CrazyC
scoobie35803
Noobie

webcanyon@hotmail.com
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2003, 04:28:39 AM »

CrazyC,

Thank You, Thank You, I completely understand.

I apprecialte your candor especially.

Looks like I will be lurking for a while, I'll figure it out I usually do,

Thanks Again,
truecrimson
Noobie

The Llama has been assimilated.

« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2003, 08:43:11 AM »

Hello;
I installed the mod exactly as per the instructions, using boardmod, and manual.  It all seemed to go well, and I get no errors, but in the profile there is nothing at all next to location now.  No button, no text field, nothing.  Also, there is no mention of member map in the admin panel, or the installed mods settings.
On the main menu the member map button appears, and one can view the maps, but no one can place a pin, or even enter a location in the original way.

I have gone back through checking each step, and cannot find anything wrong.  Any ideas?
Gere

I'm a llama!

« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2003, 02:15:58 PM »

This mod adds flag next to the writers name in normal messages, can it be disabled?
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2003, 03:18:13 PM »

truecrimson the link is there if you look at the source but the text isn't showing up. Perhaps you didn't make the changes to english.lng?

Gere if you want to remove it from showing up when displaying messages don't make any changes to your Display.php file.
Gere

I'm a llama!

« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2003, 05:09:32 PM »

problem solved....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 09:35:44 PM by Gere » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.x] Member Map « previous - next »